Fashion Design: Follow my fashion design classes with these posts
- Post 1: Drawing Matchstick Men
- Post 2: Filling out the fashion figure
- Post 3: Technical Drawings
- Post 4 – Templates
- Simple skirt lengthening
- Post 1
- Post 2
Skirt pattern making: Follow my pattern making classes with these posts.
- Post 1: Straight Skirt Pattern. Drawing a straight skirt block.
– Post 2: Pencil Skirt
- Post 3: Pivot & Slashing. Making a fuller skirt
- Post 4: Yokes
- Post 5: First skirt pattern
Applique: sewing shaped pieces of fabric on to another piece of fabric to create designs and patterns.
Couching: uses a thick cord or thread, which is laid on top of a fabric in the desired pattern.
Fagotting: bringing two pieces of fabric together with open stitches that are usually criss-crossed.
Italian Quilting: a decorative effect, using two layers of fabric and a corded channel.
Reverse Applique: Rather than sewing a layer of fabric on to another as in applique, reverse applique involves removing fabric to expose the layer underneath.
Trapunto: a method of quilting that creates a puffy, decorative feature. Trapunto uses at least two layers of fabric, producing a raised surface.